1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window SEMA Car
1963 RESTO-MOD SPLIT WINDOW CORVETTE - AMAZING SEMA VEHICLE!!
A full custom build completed in 2016 by Jeff Hayes of American Speed Shop in Bloomington, Indiana, this 1963 Chevrolet Corvette split-window coupe demonstrates the incredible staying power of the original Sting Ray design. This amazing Split-Window only has 12 miles registered since completion and was proudly displayed at SEMA!
A professionally fabricated chassis provides the foundation, incorporating polished C5 front and C6 rear suspension with new 5-way dampened Strange Engineering coil-overs. The arrangement allows for the widest rubber and largest brakes possible, in this case custom Nitto Invo redlines on 18-inch front and 19-inch rear 2016 Z06 wheels over new ZR1 6-piston disc brakes with vented and drilled rotors. The wheel centers were specially machined to accept classic knock-off wheel spinners.
A custom Precision Metal Craft fresh-air intake crowns the car's new GM LS3 engine, which gleams with highly polished or chromed components from the cylinder heads out, including the valve covers, oil pan, bell housing and stainless-steel tube headers. An Eddie Motorsports serpentine system drives the Vintage Air compressor, power steering pump and alternator, all polished to the same high sheen. The LS3 cranks 525 HP through a 600 HP-rated hydraulic clutch and new Tremec 5-speed to a Dana 44 third member packing 4.11:1 Richmond gears. Spent gasses flow through 2½-inch exhaust with center-exit quad chromed tips located in the lower valence.
Custom Platinum Flake and Pearl paint decorates the Sting Ray's split-window coupe body, which otherwise remains factory stock in virtually every detail, including the ribbed rocker panel moldings and other bright trim. That's contrasted by the handsome dark red stressed-leather upholstery inside, where Classic Instruments gauges, updated bolstered seats, premium-quality carpeting, billet and carbon fiber accents, NU Relics power windows and a retrofitted AM/FM stereo with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity are also found.
This '63 split-window bears serial number 00008, and while the finished product offers today's modern amenities, it remains faithful to the original Bill Mitchell design in what most Corvette enthusiasts agree are the important details.
• Custom build completed in 2016 by American Speed Shop in Bloomington, Indiana
• 1963 Split Window Coupe, VIN no. 8
• Displayed at SEMA 2016
• New 525 HP GM LS3 engine
• Custom intake from Precision Metal Craft
• Fabricated fresh air intake
• Stainless steel headers
• Polished intake and throttle body, cylinder heads, valve covers, oil pan and bell housing
• Eddie Motorsports serpentine system including AC compressor, power steering and alternator
• New Tremec 5-speed, 600 HP hydraulic clutch
• Professionally fabricated chassis
• C5 front and C6 rear suspension
• Dana 44 third member, 4.11 Richmond gears
• 2 1/2 inch exhaust with rear exit
• Fabricated exhaust opening and belly pan
• Disc brakes, vented and slotted rotors
• Custom Platinum Flake and Pearl mix paint
• Rocker panels, grille and hood tins polished with carbon fiber accents
• Distressed Red leather upholstery
• Updated bolstered seats, high end carpet
• Classic Instruments gauges, Vintage Air
• Nu Relics power windows
• Billet and carbon fiber pedals
• Carbon fiber accents throughout
• Custom stereo with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity
• 18 and 19 inch 2016 Z06 wheels
• Custom Nitto Redline tires
• Specially-machined wheel centers to accept 1963 Knock-off spinners
Great lease rates and Financing also available on any of our inventory!
Buy Sell Trade Consignments Welcome!
Please email email@example.com or call 1-818-773-8181
- Corvette Split-Window SEMA Car
- Engine Size
- LS3 V8
Sun By Appointment