1962 Plymouth Savoy 413 Max Wedge
1962 Plymouth Savoy 413 Max Wedge, Cross-Ram Dual Quads, extremely rare, 500 HP!
Plymouth used the name Savoy on several automobiles.
From 1951-1953, the Savoy name was used on a station wagon, upgrading the base model Suburban. Later was a line of full-sized Plymouths from 1954-1961.
Another incarnation was among Plymouth's downsized full-size cars from 1962-1964.
As with Plymouth's Plaza and Belvedere models, the Savoy was named after an upscale hotel, the Savoy Hotel in London.
Chrysler was getting harsh reviews in 1962 on some of the new styling, the saving grace was the introduction of the 413 Maximum Performance Wedge, heroically known as the Max Wedge.
A Dual Carb , cross-ram made the 413 unique, but it was the big, upswept exhaust manifolds and special heads with huge 2.08 intake valves that made this Mopar stand out. Available in two compression ratios, 11:1 and 13.5:1, the 413 produced 425 Horse Power and ran 12 Second quarter mile right from the showroom. In 1962 the NHRA Record Books four class records established by 413 Max Wedge Cars making this engine legendary.
This particular Savoy has been owned by the same family for over 40 years. It has gone through a complete nut and bolt rotisserie restoration with no expense spared. It has won and placed at numerous national car shows. Complete album of restoration is included along with dealer material and collateral.
- 413 Max Wedge Engine, balanced and blueprinted - 500 Horsepower and 470 Ft-lbs of torque
- Cross Ram Dual Quads
- 727 Torqueflight with 3000 stall converter
- 8 3/4 Surgrip rearend with 3:55 Gears
- Hoosier Vintage Drag Slicks - 275/60R15
- Front Hemi Torsion Bars upfront and and Rear Super Stock Leaf Springs
- High Performance Max Wedge exhasut manifolds with 3" Stainless Steel exhaust and factory appearing cutouts.
- Period Correct 1962 Block
- Interior Fully Restored to Original
- Gold Award - Mopar Nationals, Ft. Lauderdale
- Best of Show - Chrysler Classic Series, Norwalk
- Best of Show - Mopar Spring Fling, Ontario
- Auto Trader Best of Show - Street Rod Nationals, New Brunswick
- Multiple Awards - Chryslers at Carlisle
- Top 5 - Mopar of Fort Meyers
This is a one of a kind, prisitne vehicle at a tremendous value.
Great lease rates and Financing also available on any of our inventory!
Buy Sell Trade Consignments Welcome!
Please email email@example.com or call 1-818-773-8181
- Engine Size
- 413 Max Wedge
Sun By Appointment